Swim Meet Guidelines
PREPARING FOR THE MEET
- Eat a good dinner with plenty of carbs and low amount of protein the night before
- Go to bed early if possible
- Drink plenty of fluids (preferably water - no soda or carbonated beverages)
SWIM MEET GUIDELINES
- All swimmer (and spectators) must be FULLY MASKED at all times when not in the water
- Have children arrive ON TIME AND READY TO SWIM (i.e., fed, well hydrated, sunscreen applied, and in swimsuit with cap and goggles in hand).
- Have children report to the coaches before team warm-ups, as each team has a pre-assigned warm-up period.
- The league by-laws state no "deck adds." That means no adding swimmers on the morning of the meet. So if your swimmer wants to swim he/she needs to be signed up in advance.
- Please make sure your seating area at each meet is completely cleaned before leaving that day. We do not have a service to clean up after meets-that is the responsibility of each and every family.
- One parent from each family must volunteer in some capacity during the swim season.
- Be a good role model. Demonstrate a good sportsmanship to your children by staying until the end of the meet and cheering on the other swimmers on the team. Encourage your children to do the same. Children learn good sportsmanship from their coaches, their peers, and their parents.
WHAT TO BRING
- Towels - actually bringing more than one per swimmer is very helpful
- Swim cap
- Team suit
- Chairs and/or blankets
- Ready shade (Optional for outdoor meets and where spectator stands are not available - families can share)
- Heat sheet - printed from your home
- Sunscreen for outdoor meets
- Team clothing and sweats to stay warm while waiting to swim
- Extra masks, should your mask break
- Water/Powerade (NO SODA or caffeine beverages)
- Energy snacks
- No candy, cookies, or chips
- Deck of cards
- Coloring supplies
- Cell phones and tablets with headphones for games, music (at your on risk, swim team is not responsible for lost or stolen items)
* HAVE FUN! Enjoy time with your children, family, friends, and neighbors.
Simple formatted text